Selling your boat in Australia has its advantages and selling with DBY opens you up to a whole new market.
The DBY network of sales professionals in Australia, satisfied clients around the world, industry professionals, yacht clubs, communities and vendors built over 35 years presents incredible opportunity for sellers.
The exposure to an expansive demographic is something the “For Sale by Owner” seller will miss out on listing a boat DIY style. Selling your yacht is typically more involved, more emotional and more difficult than owners imagine.
Yacht brokers earn their commission through hard and sometimes very complicated work so you don’t have to. Here’s what we can do for you.
1. For starters, we listen… just like we listen to buyers looking for a boat like yours. The last thing we want is our clients sailing away into the sunset on a boat that doesn’t suite them.
2. Honestly discuss and advise on pricing, presentation of your boat, preparing it for viewing and closing procedures and expectations.
3. Advertise your boat on our 6 listings sites with good photos and web content written for search optimisation. We also provide you with internet traffic results and discuss strategies based on changing markets.
5. Utilise our database of existing clients for email, e-newsletter and key contacts that could be looking for a boat just like yours. Our regular e-newsletters to clients across Australia and overseas offer SEO rich content so those looking for the right boat can find it online. With over 30 years of being in the business, our database is a hugely valuable tool for selling boats.
6. Professional photos and video are available when you list with DBY. On staff we have professional photographers as well as access to videography for a very competitive price.
7. Print ads are important. Although internet marketing is key to positioning your boat online, we still use print ads. Why… because they work! Depending on the type of boat you have and the market you need to capture, we do consider print ads in certain magazines to be necessary.
8. Arrange marine servicing if required – moorings, surveys, cleaning, rigging, insurance, etc.
9. Overseas assistance is unsurpassed with DBY. Our international clients know they can contact us to find out everything from weather en route to importation and delivery skippers. We do our best to give them a warm Aussie welcome too. Read here why Sydney is a great place to sell your yacht
10. Finally, our best advertising is the repeat customers that come back time and time again and refer new clients every year. We are incredibly grateful and never forget the favour. Word of mouth is a powerful selling tool.
One of the best parts of our job is watching the sailing journey unfold for new owners. Your boat could be the one their memories are made of. Read our client testimonies here
[gravityform id=1 name=SellYour Boat]